Hygge goes healthy! Switch and ditch the nasties to live a healthier, de-stressed life
Ever stopped to read the list of ingredients in the products you use every day? In Low Tox Life, activist and educator Alexx Stuart gently clears a path through the maze of mass-market ingredient cocktails, focusing on four key areas: Body, Home, Food and Mind.
Sharing the latest science and advice from experts in each area, Alexx tackles everything from endocrine-disruptors in beauty products to the challenge of going low plastic in a high-plastic world, and how to clean without a hit of harmful toxins.
You don't need to be a fulltime homesteader with a cupboard full of organic linens to go low tox. Start small, switching or ditching one nasty at a time, and enjoy the process as a positive one for you and the planet.
Inside Low Tox Life, you’ll discover (among other things!):
- How to actually make changes successfully instead of wanting to but ‘never getting round to it’.
- The most powerful things you can change in your day to day for your health and the planet’s health.
- Scientific research that suggests caution around some of the chemicals used in many everyday brands today and the loopholes that allow them in there in the first place.
- DIY recipes from a non DIY’er - meaning, SUPER SIMPLE STUFF!
- How to cut through the food noise and eat simply and deliciously
- Real Food Recipes divided into a couple of delicious feasts and the ultimate care package
- How to go low-plastic in a high plastic world
- How to clean without a hit of harmful toxins
- How to recognise endocrine-disruptors in beauty products and avoid them
- How to develop a deeply sustainable relationship with clothing
- How to cultivate a low tox mind - chilled, mindful, joyous, non judgemental and powerful